Save 10% Today!

Save Today

Hear From Our Happy Customers

Sign Up For Savings

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter

Best Place to Work

A1 Trust

BBB Award Winners

2013 BBB Awards

Accredited Contractors

Permits and Licenses

Plumbing permits are required if you are going to replace or build new fixtures, drains, vents, sanitary sewer taps, drain lines, or water systems.

Permits are issued by calling the Department of Buildings and Inspections, Plumbing Inspection Section. If a licensed plumber will be doing the work, he or she is required to secure the permit. In almost every case, plumbing work must be done by a licensed Master Plumber, licensed Journeymen Plumber, or a registered Apprentice Plumber that is licensed by the city.

However, if you as a homeowner are doing the work yourself, and you live in single-family residence and plan to remain there for at least one year, you may sign an affidavit to that effect and obtain a permit through the Department of Buildings and Inspections.

Of course, all work must be performed in accordance with the City Building Code and State Plumbing Code. If you are unsure whether or not you will need an inspection, contact the Department of Buildings and Inspections, Plumbing Inspection division.

Call Us


5 Star Reviews